Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Layout Number 2-Monkey Man

Jacka is my little Money Man. He cannot turn down a banana. Here he is enjoying breakfast in bed in WDW.

I had so much fun with this page because there are so many fun elements. The title is Mickey Font and Opposites attract from Cricut. The bananas are the half moon shape from the George cart that I altered. Notice the accent strips? One of them is a scan of DS's lovey blanket. I put the blanket on the scanner and created an image of it. I loved adding in that little touch.


The monkey boy was created with Paper Doll Dress Up. I cut the clothing pieces from Mulberry paper (if you do this set your pressure very low or the paper will rip). I then moistened the edges and frayed them using the "dental pick" tool from my Cricut tool kit. It was sort of an altered tear bear technique. (Here are the original instructions: http://thebearyscrap.com/pages/tearbear.htm) The body of the outfit is the super hero clothing. The tail is the kitty cat tail and the hat is the mouse hat that I repositioned the ears on. Chalk gave the cheeks and ears the perfect blush.

Now anyone feel like a banana?!

No comments:

Post a Comment