Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First Time Posting A Card

My nephew's birthday was yesterday (I cannot believe he is 5 already!) so I decided to make him a Cars card to match his Cars themed gift. I am new to card making I only have 3 under my belt, so I wanted something simple that still had the wow factor. I found these great instructions for making an explosion card by Dawn...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1dr17_xWas. I followed her instructions but made the card my own.

Opened View


Closed View

I used plain red card stock, two pieces of patterned paper from a Boys to Men stack, and a piece of grey card stock that I put tire tracks on by painting the wheels of one of Jacka's cars and running it over the paper. Mickey font from Cricut made the perfect lettering and I finished it off with a couple of stickers from a Cars sticker pack. I hope he enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment