Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kid's Crafts on Cardstock...why didn't I think of this earlier?!


I love to document Jacka's growth with hand print or footprint crafts. We have a million of them...butterflies, spiders, apples, Santas, angels, ghosts, and turkeys! They all spend some time on the fridge and then end up in my keepsake tub. I have taken pictures of projects and cut some projects down to be mounted into Jacka's scrapbook, but I always struggle with the best way to do this.

Fast forward to last Tuesday...it was hand print/ footprint turkey day at our house. I decided to try creating the prints on 12x12 card stock. I do not know why I did not think of this sooner! Not only was the extra thickness nice to soak up the extra paint, but the larger size (versus regular 8.5x11 paper) made accommodating Jacka's large hands and feet much easier. The best part...the final product could easily be slipped into a scrapbook with not additional cropping! I am going to do this will all of the art projects I know I will want to keep from now on.

Check back in a few days to see the finished turkey page with accents, a title, and photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment