Sunday, December 20, 2009

Heartwarming Christmas Tale

I have the most heartwarming story to tell about Jacka. This morning we went to church as usual; ours is a very large church so there are many people we do not know. Afterward we were standing in the gathering lobby chatting with family when Jack spotted an older gentleman several feet away. This man had a long white beard and wavy white hair. He was wearing a red sweater vest and had a rather "Santa-like" figure.

I saw Jack looking at him so I stooped down to talk to him. Here is our conversation:

Me: Jacka who are you looking at?
Jacka: That man
M: He looks like Santa, doesn't he?
J: (With giant eyes) Yep, probably is!
M: Why is he here?
J: Probably make sure I be good

I then encouraged him to go tell the man Merry Christmas. He did so very bravely. He was very polite and the gentleman just beamed at him.

I wish I would have had my camera, it was truly a magical experience. The look in Jacka's eyes was just priceless. It has made my week and made me so excited to see Christmas Day arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment