Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's The Chicken Man!

I shop early, I like to get bargains and get exactly what I want. Because of this, Jacka picked a Halloween costume about 2 months in advance. He decided that he was going to be a paleontologist riding a dinosaur. I found a great costume and all was well. Then 3 days before the big day Jacka decided that a chicken was more his style. Yikes! I was in a bit of a panic, until I remembered that we had a great chicken costume in our dress-up stash. Because I am scientifically minded I wanted to add my own spin on it, so I used my gypsy and Mickey font to create a sash that said "Pox"...and there you have it, Jacka was Chicken Pox for Halloween. His costume went over very well and he even won a contest at our local library.


Above is my simple layout of him in costume. The title is Mickey Font and Gypsy Font. The chickens are from Animal Kingdom. I brought the chickens to life by layering them in color and adding wiggle eyes. The feathers make Jacka's costume pop and the photo border is the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page in Rings (http://www.marthastewartcrafts.com/index.php?v=msc_prod_tool_punches). These punches can be a little tricky at first, but Martha offers her tips and tricks here... http://www.marthastewart.com/article/tips-for-our-punch-around-the-page-products

Here is an up close view of the chickens...I love how they came out!


No comments:

Post a Comment